UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2021
John 21: 15-17
What Jesus asks Peter (and hence us) to do.
15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?’ Peter said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my lambs’. 16 He said to him a second time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me?’ Peter said to him, ‘Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.’ He said to him, ‘Tend my sheep. 17 Jesus said to Peter the third time, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me?’ Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, ‘Do you love me?’ and he said to him, ‘Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my sheep’.English Standard Version
Acts 2: 42-47
This is a core text in the Holy Habits study project.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.New International Version
We want this website to:
- be kept up to date.
- be constantly posting.
- be real, not perfect, not factory made by a website company.
- be multi-authored.
- be informative, explanative and comprehensive to the point of being actually useful.
- be social, multifaceted, humorous and warm.
- include audio and video and not just text.
- be ergonomically and aesthetically pleasing
- express a communal love of the Lord.
- bite at the meat of Christianity.
- be realistic, not hypocritical.
- be USED (a resource, a point of call), not just an advert aimed at the non-interested.
- be positive and a foil for sensationalistic negative journalism.
- delight and uplift our readers!